Tours and Main Attractions

Hide Map
Show in map

Acrobatic routes both for adults and children for an amusing day and pure adrenaline! Every route lasts about 1 hour in total, including the initial briefing, and consists of 12 ways, (difficulty: low) from 4-5 m to 8-9 m. It is ideal for beginners, 145 cm tall keeping the arm up. Moreover, there are routes for children, 120 cm tall keeping the arm up, including 1 hour of play within the baby area.

Show in map

The Grotte di Nettuno are situated in the protected marine area of Capo Caccia near Alghero and attract thousands of visitors each year. The grottos can be reached by both land, by means of a steep flight of stairs consisting of precisely 659 steps which were built in 1954 and are known as the “Escala del Cabirol”, and by sea by means of ferry from the nearby port of Alghero.
It is certainly much more interesting and fascinating to reach the grottos by using the steep flight of steps than to get there by ferry, but one should keep in mind that to tackle all those steps can be extremely tiring.

Show in map

The archaeological site of Santu Antine is made up of a Nuraghe and a village of huts that completely surround it. It is one of the most majestic and imposing Nauraghic sites in the whole of Sardinia. It is situated at roughly 50km from Sassari and its origins lie in the Middle Bronze Age, between 1600 and 1300 B.C., but its construction continued during successive ages. The central tower, which has in part collapsed, still stands at 17m in height and is originally thought to have reached the height of between 22 and 24m. the first excavations took place in 1935, although even today the main part of the site remains unexplored.

Show in map

The Basilica of Saccargia is one of the most outstanding examples of Roman-Pisano style architecture known in Sardinia and is situated at about 16km from Sassari. 
Its origins lie in the year 1112 and it was built on request of the Judge of Torres, who then handed it on to the Camaldolesi monks, but it was not until 1116 that it was consecrated. It was restored in 1894.

Show in map

The Domus de Janas Anghelu Ruju is a Pre-Nauraghic necropolis site made up of some 37 tombs dug into the sandstone earth. The principal part of the graves that have been excavated trace back to the period that spans from 3300 to 2900 B.C. the site was discovered at the beginning of the 1900s. It is one of the most vast necropolis in Sardinia.

Show in map

The Nauraghic site of Palmavera is situated at about 12km from Alghero. It is considered a complex Nuraghe and consists of two towers surrounded by a defensive wall, a meeting hut and tiny village of about 50 huts spread out in a circular pattern. The site was built in three successive stages: the first can be placed at between 1600 and 1300 B.C., the second between 1300 and 1150 B.C., and the last between 1150 and 900 B.C.
The first archaeological excavation began in 1905, but it was only between 1976 and 1989 that the most important exploration of the site took place. The main part of the objects recovered from the site are today exhibited at the G.A. Sanna Musuem in Sassari.

Show in map

The Elefant Rock” is a large natural monument and a symbol of Castelsardo and owes its name to the animal it represents. The archeological finds found there would seem to indicate that it was inhabited from the Neolithic period.

Show in map

The little town of Castelsardo is situated on a rocky peak with sheer cliffs that face the Gulf of Asinara and is one of the oldest historical town centres of Sardinia, with its tight and tiny cobbled streets. It was probably founded in 1002 by the Doria family and the whole hamlet was dominated by a castle which was once called Castel-Doria and later renamed Castel-Aragonese when it was conquered by the Aragonese in 1448.

Show in map

Historians date the origin of the city of Alghero to the 1st half of the XI century at the hands of the powerful Doria family from Genoa who decided to fortify what was then a little fishing village. They were soon to find themselves battling against a series of constant enemy incursions because this small village in actual fact stood in a strategic and important position, fundamental to commercial activity throughout the whole of the Mediterranean. The city remained under the influence of Genoa until 1353 when it fell to the domain of the Catalan-Aragonese, and to this day the Catalan influence is still very much present and can be admired in the architecture of its churches, buildings and fortifications.

DISCOVER SARDINIA

Check out the best places to visit, to eat and to shop.